It’s National Infertility Awareness Week. This week brings awareness to the 1 in 8 struggling with infertility. These people have unprotected sex (Daddy will talk to you about that later!) for at 12 months without a viable pregnancy. There are so. many. different kinds of infertility.
Infertility isn’t all in your head. You can’t just relax and magically get pregnant. Despite what people tell you and how it worked for their friend’s sister’s uncle’s barber’s wife…
Infertility is a medical issue.
Infertility is a gut wrenching, relationship testing, tear-filled, self-esteem crushing roller coaster.
Infertility is a b*tch.
And one in eight struggle with it.
One in eight
- Have timed intercourse
- Taking basal temp every. single. day.
- Taking ovulation tests
- Inspecting the cervical musous on toilet paper
- Spend tons of money for medicated cycles
- Spend more time with a wand in their bits more than their husband
- Go through medical procedures to retrieve eggs
- And test sperm
- Countless procedures to monitor how follicles are growing
- Appointment after appointment after appointment
- Embryo transfer(s)
- Sperm donors
- Egg donors
- Living child free. Which is not giving up! Living child free is a deeply personal decision.
D, these are just a few things people go through in their quest to have a family.
Mommy and Daddy are one in eight. We wished, hoped, prayed and cried plenty of tears in our journey to become parents. You are our miracle baby.
Being parents isn’t always unicorns and butterflies. But it doesn’t have shit on the infertility ride.
We are some of the lucky ones.
I love you to infinity and beyond.